EC20 series is the new generation of Quectel’s LTE modules. Adopted the 3GPP Rel. 9 LTE technology, it delivers 100Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates and is fallback compatible with Quectel UMTS/HSPA+UC20 module in the compact and unified form factor, providing a flexible and scalable platform for migrating from UMTS/HSPA+ to LTE. EC20 contains four variants EC20-A, EC20-C, EC20-CE and EC20-E, which makes it backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks to ensure that it can connect even in remote areas devoid of 4G or 3G coverage.
It supports Multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology, a cutting edge antenna technology transmitting multiple data streams on multiple transmitters to multiple receivers. The antennas at each end of the communications circuit are combined to minimize errors and optimize data speed. It also combines high-speed wireless connectivity with embedded multiconstellation high-sensitivity positioning GPS+GLONASS receiver.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Linux, Android/ eCall) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M applications such as CPE, router, data card, rugged tablet, automotive, security and industry PDA.
● Worldwide LTE and UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
● Minimal SMT form factor ideal for small end products with tight space and extended operating temperature range
● MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability in modem wireless communication systems
● GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environments
● Simple migration from 3G to 4G with a flexible and scalable platform