EC25 series is Quectel’s new generation of LTE category-4 module, optimized specially for M2M and IoT applications. Adopting the 3GPP Rel. 10 LTE technology, it delivers 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates and is fallback compatible with Quectel UMTS/HSPA+ UC20 module and multi-mode LTE EC20 module in the compact and unified form factor, providing a flexible and scalable platform for mi-grating from UMTS/HSPA+ to LTE. EC25 contains 4 variants: EC25-AUT, EC25-V, EC25-A, and EC25-E. This makes it backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks, which ensures that it can be connected even in re-mote areas devoid of 4G or 3G coverage.
EC25 supports multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technolo-gy, a cutting edge antenna technology capable of transmitting multiple data streams on multiple transmitters to multiple re-ceivers. The antennas at each end of the communication cir-cuit are combined to minimize errors and optimize data speed. The module also combines high-speed wireless connectivity with embedded multi-constellation high-sensitivity GNSS re-ceiver.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Linux, Android/ eCall) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M applications such as CPE, router, data card, rugged tab-let, automotive, security and industry PDA.
● LTE Cat. 4 module optimized for M2M and IoT applications
● Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE cover-age
● Compact SMT form factor ideal for small end products with tight space and extended operating temperature range
● MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliabil-ity in modem wireless communication systems
● GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environment
● Simple migration from 3G to 4G with a flexible and scalable platform